Logo
Leigh Morris's Collection
 
12/12/2017
 
 
 
 
 
By:Leigh Morris
Dates:1/1/1924 - 1/1/1928
Album Info:Southern Illinois Railway & Power Company was an electric interurban owned by Central Illinois Public Service Company. Opened in 1913, the line operated until 1933, running 15 miles between Eldorado and Carrier Mills in Southern Illinois. The line managed to develop a decent carload freight business, mainly coal.
  Page Controls   View:  Pics Per Page:
Carrier Mills: End of the Line
Title:  Carrier Mills: End of the Line
Description:  On a bleak winter day in early 1925, a SIR&P car waits at the end of the line in Carrier Mills to begin its 15-mile journey back to Eldorado. Note the building is International Order of Odd Fellows Lodge No. 874. SIR&P had its passenger and freight facilities on the first floor while the Odd Fellows met on the second floor. This photo was taken by a company photographer.
Photo Date:  7/26/1924  Upload Date: 1/17/2014 12:44:00 PM
Location:  Carrier Mills, IL
Author:  Leigh Morris
Categories:  Station,Passenger
Locomotives: 
Views:  89   Comments: 1
Womens Club Outing on the SIR&P
Title:  Womens Club Outing on the SIR&P
Description:  The company photography posed the members of the Harrisburg Womens Club in fron t of wooden Car 56. This car and trailing Car 55 were rebuilt by St. Louis Car Company from Central Illinois Tract cars 205 and 207. The cars were originally built in 1902 by the American Car Company of St. Louis. Both SIR&P and CIT were owned by utility Central Illinois Public Service.
Photo Date:  7/26/1924  Upload Date: 1/17/2014 12:37:07 PM
Location:  Carrier Mills, IL
Author:  Leigh Morris
Categories:  Passenger
Locomotives: 
Views:  118   Comments: 0


Site Design ©2001-2016 Tim Huemmer
Photos © respective authors
  Contact: info@rrpicturearchives.net